Regrets??

Do I regret having married a gay man?  Honestly I have no regrets in terms of who I married.  He is my best friend.  We connect on every level and work well together as a team.

I regret that he felt like he had to hide, even from me.  The level of pain, shame, and fear he has felt makes me tremendously sad.  I wish I could have been his partner in this from the beginning.  However, to be honest, I don't know that I could have handled it before now.  In my twenties I was insecure and dealing with my own issues.  In my thirties I was burdened with raising children, working, and figuring out life.  Now in my forties I am secure in my faith and who I am as a person.  I have lived enough life to know that we all struggle in many ways.  I have grace for myself and others that I didn't have when I was younger.

I regret that we live in a Christian culture where same-sex attraction is viewed as the ultimate sin.  I wish we could share openly with others about our struggle and hope that one day we can.  For now, I will be content with sharing here.  I wish that people would not make jokes or cutting comments about homosexuality.  They have no idea the people they hurt with their words and laughter.

I don't regret our marriage, our love, our children, or our life.  What we have is special and I can't imagine life without him.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been 186 weeks

Healthy SSA Friends

Happy Anniversary