Laughter is the best medicine

I was a serious person until I met my husband.  It's not that I didn't appreciate humor, I just wasn't funny.  At all.  One of the first things my future husband, a self-proclaimed class clown, told me when we started dating was, "If I can't tease you, I can't love you."  On that point, he was totally serious.  Over the years he has helped me to lighten up and laugh at life.  Laughter really is the best medicine.

So when coming to terms with his SSA, we have to laugh about it.  My husband had literally never told another person about his SSA until last year, and being the funny guy that he is, he has years of jokes ready to come out.  Come out.  (giggling as I type)

I can't even tell you how many times in the first few weeks that one of my kids would come into my bedroom and ask where dad was and I would say, "in the closet" and try so hard not to burst out laughing while hearing him chuckling in the closet.  It was like - seriously why do you guys keep asking while he's in there???

He has made jokes about how many shoes he has (it's a lot).  He has made jokes about rainbows and glitter.  He has made so many jokes about the closet.  He knows when to be serious and when to make me laugh.  He's always been really good at that.

I'm sure some people would not appreciate our humor.  That's ok, everyone has to deal with these issues in their own way.  We laugh at ourselves.  I mentioned to him that some people would be offended if I posted about our jokes.  He rolled his eyes and said, "Someone is going to be offended by everything you write on that blog.  Who cares?"  I love him.

A cheerful heart is good medicine - Proverbs 17:22

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been 186 weeks

Healthy SSA Friends

Happy Anniversary