Plot lines

Have I mentioned that I really love analogies?  I use them a lot - probably too much.  This week I came up with a new one and I'd like to share.

My husband has been saying things recently that were starting to drive my a little bit crazy.  They are positive things, such as: "Our marriage has never been better." and "This is going to be our best year yet." and "I've never felt closer to you." and things like that.  But... I'm just not feeling that way.  And then it hit me - my newest analogy.

We've all seen a plot line diagram, though if you are as old as I am it's probably been a while. There's a rising action in the story until you reach a climax, the turning point in the story, usually some big revelation or conflict.  And then the story starts to resolve with the characters finding a solution to the conflict.

The day he told me about his same sex attraction was, for him, the climax of his story.  The story was introduced when he was quite young and has been building for 35 years.  The turning point in his story was telling me.  The problem was finally revealed and now there is resolution happening.  He feels free and known, loved and accepted, and things are starting to fall into place for the first time in his life.  But for me, the day he told me was just the introduction to the story.  The last few months have been a rising action of information, understanding, and discovery.  I'm still not completely sure what the climax of the story is - and that's a little bit scary.  One thing is for sure, though, I don't feel like I'm at the conclusion of a story.  I just started reading.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been 186 weeks

Healthy SSA Friends

Happy Anniversary