Making new friends and ministering to old ones

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is going to use all of this in my life.  I knew it from the moment my husband told me about his SSA.  And sure enough God has already started sending people my way.

The first was through my church.  A new family started going to our church and I discovered that their adult son is gay.  We knew that they were side B and very loving towards their son.  So, my husband and I decided to take a chance and tell them about us.  They were amazing and we made an immediate connection.  They were hoping to be accepted and "not shunned" - well they got way more than that, they found friends that really understand.  They had not read many books, so of course I loaded them up because... I love books!  I look forward to forming a closer relationship with them.

I also met a woman online that is also married to a man that struggles with SSA.  It was a big step of faith to meet her in person, but I'm so glad I did.  We had a wonderful time talking and sharing our stories.  Everyone's story is different but we did have a lot in common.  We both had been married over two decades before we found out.  We are both side B Christians that really lean on our faith.  We both have felt fear and insecurity.  We both genuinely love our husband and desire a lifelong marriage.  Neither of us are "out" publicly and this sometimes makes us feel lonely.  We see the same counselor (cool, huh?).

Lastly, God has placed my friend in my path.  I may write more about this later, but we have been friends for years and she now thinks her son may be gay.  I have prayed and cried over them.  I hope we are wrong, because I wouldn't wish SSA on anyone, but it will be an honor to bear this burden with her.  I haven't told her my story yet, but I'm planning on it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been 186 weeks

Healthy SSA Friends

Happy Anniversary