Pride month is finally over

I'm not gonna lie; I'm glad June is over.  I'll be even happier when all of the rainbow displays are taken down and all of the business logos go back to their original colors.  A symbol that once reminded me of God's promise has been tarnished by the world.  Now it means open rebellion towards God and being proud of it.  I'm not trying to overstate my case.  That's just how I see it.

I really want to reclaim the meaning of the rainbow for myself.  I'm just not really sure how.  I want to live in this world and not be a part of the sin that so easily entangles us.  I want to love people and not condone their sinful actions.  I want to bring people to Jesus, but the actual Jesus in the Bible not the one people make up to fit their own ideas.  It is so hard to live against the flow.  To have a marriage that is "not normal" no matter how you look at it.  To have great compassion for LGBTQ people and yet totally disagree with their lifestyles.

I guess ultimately the gay pride movement chose the right symbol.  The rainbow was God's promise to us that no matter how evil the world would become - and he knew it would quickly become evil - he would never again punish the entire earth with a flood.  So, in the midst of proudly proclaiming their rebellion against God, he is perhaps smiling at their choice of a rainbow, knowing that while they deserve his wrath (as we all do) he instead pours out grace and mercy.  I guess I can start reclaiming the rainbow for myself by reminding myself of God's great love and mercy towards me, my husband, and my family - and then trying to extend that to others, even when they are proud.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been 186 weeks

Healthy SSA Friends

Happy Anniversary