The Woman Who Knows



I drove into the desert, to a place I've never been before, to meet with a group of people I've never met before, and pour my heart out to a depth I've never experienced before.  I was anxious and exhilarated.  I had no idea what was going to happen but my instincts told me it would be good.

I went to Utah for a weekend retreat for women.  This wasn't just any retreat.  It is "a weekend for overcoming trauma and/or betrayal and finding your strength."  And I did just that.  I found my strength.
The myth of La Loba the Wolf Woman, initiates the question, “What has happened to my soul-voice? How do I make my life come alive again?"
La Loba is a Daughters of Light event through The Toolbox.  The weekend focused on 3 elements: "Healing: Trauma and/or betrayal, Connecting: to your intuition/soul, God and sisters, and Strengthening: your power & strength."  This powerful weekend uses different activities to guide you through a healing journey.  We worked on understanding our emotions; anger; grief; shame; forgiveness; boundaries; communication; intuition; fear; and strength.  We did not just sit around and talk about our feelings - we experienced them through physical activities both individually and as a group.  I laughed, I cried, I screamed, and I walked away a different person.

I'm not sure what this means yet for my marriage but I know what it means for me.  I am not afraid.  I am strong.  I trust my instincts and I make good choices.  I am loved and I love others freely.  I am a woman who knows.  This is what La Loba taught me.


 I found my soul-voice and I feel alive again. 
As I drove away from La Loba, this one thought consumed me...
"I am wild and free."












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been 186 weeks

Healthy SSA Friends

Happy Anniversary