It's been 90 weeks

It's been 90 weeks since my husband disclosed his same-sex attraction.
That's over 20 months.  Creeping up on two years.

Most days I feel like a normal person with normal problems.  Our cycles of craziness are less and less frequent.  I am generally peaceful and hopeful.  I still have doubts.  I'm never quite sure if I can relax yet - or should I brace myself for more ups and downs.

We are less and less focused on his SSA, though we both are still connected to the Brothers Road community and have plans to attend more events this year.  Right now we are working on rebuilding our marriage and our life together.  We've been able to protect our children through the madness but we have not done as well personally.

Recently my husband made a playlist of love songs for me.  I thought he'd maybe come up with five.  It was actually a long list.  It was heartfelt and made me cry happy tears.  See, too often I think he doesn't think of me in a romantic way anymore.  Hearing the songs he picked out spoke to my soul.  I hope and pray that this is just one more step towards healing.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been 186 weeks

Healthy SSA Friends

Happy Anniversary