You've changed!

I've heard this more than a few times recently.  "You've changed!"  What I want to say is, "You think?!? You have NO idea." or "You don't say..." with lots of dripping sarcasm.  But of course I don't say those things.

My kids (teens and young adults) have another way of putting it, "You're acting weird."  When pressed about what is weird, this is what I get.

1. "You listen to music all the time now.  You never used to listen to music."  This is true.  Music has been soothing my soul.  It brings me peace and joy.  I guess I never really needed those things like I do now.  Here is one of my current favorites.

2.  "You and dad are always kissing and hugging.  Can you please just stop?"  Um, no.  No we can't.  The kids have no idea what we are going through and how important it is for us to stay connected and affectionate.

3.  "You got a tattoo!" Yep, I'll agree that one is weird.  They think we're having a mid-life crisis.  So be it.

4.  "You don't watch TV anymore."  True.  It just seems so pointless.  I think I watched TV to ignore what was really going on around me.  And it wasn't uplifting; listening to music is much better for me.  If I have time to watch TV, I'd rather read a book or blog.

5.  "You act like empty-nesters, but you still have two kids at home!"  Yep, we are dating more.  And then there's our time away at counseling, which we tell the kids is a date.  We generally are just taking more time to spend together.

I have changed.  Some of it is definitely for the better!  I wake up early every morning to pray - and I'm NOT a morning person.  I've cried more in the last few months than all of the rest of my life combined.  I've started dealing with some of my own issues.

I mentioned before that I felt like I have lost my spark and people were telling me I looked old (seriously people...).  Well, I feel like maybe I'm getting my spark back.  AND a few people have mentioned how young I look!  I told them it was my eye cream, but it was probably the music.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been 186 weeks

Healthy SSA Friends

Happy Anniversary