It's been 39 weeks

It's been exactly 39 weeks since my husband disclosed that he has unwanted same sex attraction.   I wish I could say that it has only gotten easier, but in truth the past few months have been hard.  The deeper we dig the more difficult this journey becomes.


It does feel like we have come a long way, but I also know that we still have a long way yet to go.  And that can be discouraging.  Someone recently said that this journey feels painstakingly slow for the wife and breathtakingly fast for the husband.  That is definitely true for us!

So what does our journey look like right now?  The Journey into Manhood weekend was super helpful and Brother's Road continues to be a resource for both of us with weekly conference calls of support.  I'm planning on attending a weekend conference in the fall.  We are still seeing a therapist, both separately and together.  We are still reading books and listening to blogs and trying to learn how to move forward.  My husband has started a 12-step program to help with his healing.  He has also agreed to do some writing for the blog from his perspective so I hope to get some of that up soon.

I'm looking forward to the next "It's been  __ weeks" post because my plan is to do "It's been 52 weeks" and it's super exciting to realize we are getting close to the one year mark.  They say the first year is the most difficult and I will be glad to have it behind me!  That's only 13 weeks away!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been 186 weeks

Healthy SSA Friends

Happy Anniversary