It's been 52 weeks

It's been 52 weeks since my husband disclosed his same-sex attraction.
A whole year.
Everyone said the first year would be difficult.
That was a huge understatement.

I have been looking forward to this post, hoping that this would mark a turning point.  I would be happy and feel safe, settled, and secure.  Well, I can't really say any of those things.  And that's really disappointing.  So much of life lately has been disappointing.

I started 2019 with a feeling of dread.  Unfortunately, I wasn't far off.  This year was far more difficult than I had anticipated.  I had hoped that the year would end well... it's only September, so there's still time left and I'm holding on to hope.

We are still doing our "work".  My husband just attended a second Journey Into Manhood weekend.  I am going to an intensive weekend in October.  We are still seeing our therapist (love him!).  We have made lots of friends and accountability partners through Brother's Road. There's still a long road ahead, and so far we are choosing to travel it together.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been 186 weeks

Healthy SSA Friends

Happy Anniversary